Monday, January 18, 2016

#80 "Consider the Lillies"

Baptism last week.  Thugs stole the lettering off of the church.

THE FUTURE

Perhaps as humans it's our number one fear. Our number one grief-generating prospect. At least for me, anyways. Like I'm never truly comfortable with the present, because of the overwhelming fear of what the morrow has in store. I think we all feel a bit like this sometimes. Stuck in this trap of life that is ever on-going and we never seem to catch any kind of real break or peace. Because there is always going to be more challenges. There is always going to be more hurt, more pain, more stretching and more turmoil.

"Takae no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body thain raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neitehr do they spin: if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?"

The antidote of fear is faith. And the fruit of the gospel is peace. The amazing thing about life, is that even if there are mountain-sized ways affixed to your left and to your right, even 'all the elements combine to hedge up your way', and the future looks painfully grim; you cana still accept the Heavenly embrace of Peace. "The peace of God that passeth all understanding".

"Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?" jesus asked his toiling rowing struggling disciples admist a dark, merciless Galilean thunderstorm. "Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm"

"What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him!"

Jesus is the 'Prince of Peace'. After carefully studying the scriptures, I've found that the word "Peace" is soooo closely connected with the word "Truth".

SO basically in a world of storms, there is Truth. There is peace. Truth that's been restored, to bring us the greatest measure of Peace, which is in Jesus Christ. "FOr the Son of man is come to save that which was lost."

Lost peace, hope, a broken shadowy future? THe Savior came to save.
He is our peace, He is the truth, He is why we can be happy. He is our rock, a rock that won't crumble or fall. THe only actual dependent variable Heaven and Earth have to offer. 
 
Lead kindly Light, amid th'encircling gloom; Lead thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home; Lead thou me on! 
Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see 
THe distant scene- one step enough for me.
I was not ever thus, nor pray'd that thou Shouldst lead me on.
I loved to choose and see my path; but now, Lead thou me on! 
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears, Pride ruled my will. 
Remember not past years.
So long thy pow'r hath blest me, sure it still Will lead me on
O'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent, till The night is gone.
And when the morn those angel faces smile,
Which I have loved long since, and lost a-while!

anyways I wish I had longer time to write.

Just some thoughts I had this week. Hope that all is well wherever you all are. I swear I dilligently try to send pictures.. If you serve in africa  you'll understand. Love you. 



Elder Tanner Noah Clegg
What up dog


No comments:

Post a Comment