Monday, December 21, 2015

#76 MERRY CHRISTMAS


“...For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest..and he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.. and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace... Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I am the same that came unto mine own, and mine own received me not. I am the light which shineth in darkness, and the darkness commprehendeth it not... Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him- Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified; Wherefore, Father, spare these my bretheren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me nad have everlasting life..Fear not: for, behold I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”

Shepherd's Field christmas Eve 2009
6 years ago today, I was blessed to stand on the same ground the Savior did two millennia ago. I was able to overlook the sleepy town of Bethlehem on Christmas eve, seeing the quite literally Silent and Holy night. Caught up in a spirit so sublime it can’t really penetrate through this dinky keyboard.

But I can tell you, that although I walked where He walked, and saw things He saw, I didn’t feel Him as close to me as when I’ve walked how He walked.

I have a testimony that the same Jesus who ministered in Palestine, also stands today on African soil.  He walks through the grandeur of South America, he breaths His spirit throughout all of Asia. Covers the length and breadth of America, and offers his merciful arms to Australia, and he even rmembers  those upon the isles of the Sea.

I’m grateful to Him for walking with me through this strange land. Let us remember Him, the little baby wrapped in swaddling clothes, as we each have our own Silent and Holy night, whether we’re in Utah, Ecuador, Washington, Honduras, Spain,  Argentina, California, Japan, Brazil, Russia, Bolivia, Turkey, Utah or Africa. Whether it be under a clear star-filled cold night, or under thick mosquito-ridden heat, Let us remember and reflect on that special baby whose love and kindness adorns and encompasses every corner of the this vast universe. That special baby who caused a new star to illuminate the night sky, who caused wise-men's knees to bend, and shepards to quake. Who gave the world a light that can never be darkened.



Merry Christmas, I love you guys. Just remember that lil baby.

Elder Tanner Noah Clegg


No comments:

Post a Comment