Monday, November 30, 2015

#73 What is Thanksgiving?

Hey guys, I had like the most hectic week of all time, but it was still great. I guess in short I have like nothing to write. The weather this side is totally bipolar, it's so wild. 

I guess I'm just super grateful that we're coming into Christmas season, I'm super grateful for the birth of a Child who brings stability to the unstable and hope to the hopeless. I was just reading a verse that kinda struck me;

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation recieved by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

...Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you."
-1Peter 1:18-20

It's just cool to know that a loving Father, before the foundation of the world; Knew that His children would stumble and trip; would fall and would cry for help. He knew that we would be imperfect, before the world was even created. It's all part of His perfect plan.

It had to take an infinite being, filled with kajillions of years experience studying the human mind to come up with things like the 10 commandments, which if you study in depth, are alot deeper than what meets the eye. The 10 commandments condemn every single whit of the natural man, leaving no loopholes or excuses or questions. It took a brilliant mind to create that, and even a more brilliant mind to fathom a way- A painful, and anguishing way; But a way, nonetheless to escape the cries of justice through the ceaseless-streaming phenomenon of mercy.

Anyways I hope you guys all enjoyed thanksgiving. I had the best thanksgiving, because I was able to see none other than JAMON HAFEN, now called Elder Hafen in the mtc. I nearly cried to see his face, it's like for the next 3 hours I was in this strange fog where I wasn't sure if I was in South Africa or Utah, it was wild. And I'm telling you, it wasn't the same guy who I played soccer with a couple summers earlier. You could tell that he was a bit scared, and a bit jet lagged, but ready to give all he could to our elder Brother.  I gained a stronger testimony when I saw him, thinking about all these vailiant missionaries enlisting all around the world, totally oblivious to where and how they will be serving, but showing floodgates of faith by answering the call to serve, wherever or whatever that call entails. In my mind I saw missionaries blanketing the 4 corners of the earth, carrying the same redeeming message to our brothers and sisters. 

Anyways I love you guys so much, hope you have a great December. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to send pictures of stuff. Have a great week.

Elder Tanner Noah Clegg

No comments:

Post a Comment