Monday, November 23, 2015

#72 "Snow in South Africa (Kind of)"


Well I have to start by thanking everyone for praying for rain. In fact, I think you may have prayed a little too hard seeing as a bunch of garages and petrol stations and township housing is now demolished due to the extreme downpour. I now can't say I've never seen golfball sized hail before. Like legit if I put a golfball and one of these hailstorms together they would be the same size. Springs looked like Utah for a couple of hours, with heaps of hail and cars sliding off the road. As we walked down the road we saw all kinds of dead birds who couldn't escape.  Brakpan-the winter wonderland. 

Anyways even in spite of the weather, the work is still progressing. I don't think there's a better feeling to get back to you flat at night and you can just see in your minds eye a bunch of people reading the book of mormon at that very moment. Things are going super well, and really I don't have much complaint.



The mission has started to go pretty fast, it's weird to think that I'm one of the old ones out here now. I love sharing the gospel with my friends so much. I've really began to gain a strong testimony of the book of mormon. Like I know that's weird to say when I've been out here for over a year, it's not like I've never believed in it. BUt it's just now that I'm realizing the power and beauty contained in it. It testifies of Christ; In a way so simple and so profound, in a way that I could never acredit to Joseph Smith's mind or intelligence or imagination. It testifies of Christ in a way that Joseph Smith never could've written on paper. It's so simple, the truthfullness of the book of mormon lies in it's simplicity. People who try to prove things tend to overcomplicate things. People who try to change things tend to get carried away in thier own imagination. The Book of Mormon is simple, and has a simple message, simple enough that a child can understand the gospel, and deep enough that professors trained in wisdom and intellect spent all the years of thier lives researching it.

Anyways I'm about out of time. I've forgotten what you even are supposed to eat for thanksgiving, seeing as no one is quite sure what that is this sidee. Love you guys so much. Have a great week. Thanks for the prayers. Lekker Wiek (V-ack). Feel free to write me!

Elder Tanner Noah Clegg


No comments:

Post a Comment