Monday, November 16, 2015

#71 "Wait...Mormon's believe in Christ?"



Hey guys, I’m already out of time today. Our week was miraculous. Missionary work is alive and breathing in Springs, it’s unreal to see how the Lord does His work. There are people who are prepared, I can testify to that.

I’ve learned a lot this week, we were able to go down to Rumsig, the cheesiest area of all of South Africa basically, and we had a mission-wide ‘Summit’, which was super awesome, we talked about mountain climbing anad reaching goals a ton so that made me think of the Wasatch front a little too much.

Anyways, we had a lady come who had summated Mt. Everest a afew years previously, she spoke about reaching goals and overcoming fears, there was one thing that stuck with me, she said ‘The miracle wasn’t the fact that I stood on the summit of the top of the world. The miracle is that I had the courage to take the first step.’

That got me thinking about what matters most, and I drew a parallel to the Savior and his miracles;


The miracle isn’t that the blind saw light, the dead stood up, the sick received healing.


The miracle is that, because of Him, the human heart can generate enough capacity and desire to change from a fallen, corruptible being into a Saint. A Latter-Day Saint. The miracle is in the God-given ability we have to grow. That there is hope in a hopeless world, and peace within widespread calamity.

That’s kinda what I learned this week. Also learned that if you eat a spoonful of raw garlic, the mosquitos don’t bite you at night, it’s super tight you all should try it.



Tanner teaching a break out session at the Summit Conference
And just going back to the first thing I wrote, there are so many parallels between life and climbing. No matter how imperfect we are, and how many times we, out of weakness and fear, miss a hold or can’t carry on and fall; There is always someone that we can’t see who is belaying us, who will never let us fall.

Anyways love you guys, hope you have a great week. Pray for rain to hammer Mzanzi, we desperately need it. Always feel free to write me.

I love mission, it’s the greatest. I’m learning that it’s a lot more than endorsing some church. It’s bringing souls to Christ, to His love and His power. And anything is worth sacrificing to be a part of that.


Elder Tanner Noah Clegg

No comments:

Post a Comment