Monday, September 28, 2015

#64 KONY 2012


Well we've been doing a lot of finding this week. We've been trying to hunt down KONY.

anyways..

It's inevitable that missionary work among the Afrikaans breed of people is slightly impossible during the rugby world cup. Especially when the springboks are playing. I guess on the downside, when you rattle on gates, no one comes out or they just yell at you to leave during the game, but on the upside we've just been yelling 'ey let us in so we can come watch the game with you'. It hasn't been super effective as of yet.

Another upside to Springs, (in comparison to Krugersdorp) is that a much smaller fraction of the people think that we are Jehova's Witness, which is nice I guess. 

Our flat is in a town called Brakpan, being interpreted into English; 'Dog dish'. Brakpan in essance is the punchline of any South African Joke. I'd invite you to google 'jokes about Brakpan' but I'm scared about what you might find.

Anyways the work truly is progressing, we are currently covering two wards; Springs and Selcourt, so basically you never have any downtime.  I haven't written in my journal all week so I have to think hard about what even happened.

Tuesday was super monati fela, mostly because I got to go on exchanges to none other than Daveyton, aka D promised land. It was amazing to see some of the people who have made deep impressions in my life, who hold special places in my heart. It was amazing to see how far I've come since I was just in the hustle and bustle of the hectic atmosphere associated with an African township, just about a year ago. It was cool to see how things have grown there. When I first was there, we had one ward. ON Tuesday, when I went back, we discovered: 1 ward, 1 branch and two clusters, with a new group soon to be formed. None of that growth is credit to me at all, it's just God's arm reavealing in this remote land. IT was amazing to see people who you had maybe taught one or two lessons to, who in just one year later, had been baptized and held callings and are preparing for missions. I guess long-story-short, when the work is tough and you can't figure out why you were sent somewhere or when people don't seem to be baptized; Just wait a year, and then you'll be able to see. The Lord has a different perspective than us. The Lord worked miracles in that beautiful area. I'm grateful to have been able to watch it with my eyes.

I'm just really grateful to be a missionary. I'm grateful to go into this vast, beautiful world carrying a message with potential to make relationships eternal. I'm grateful to be in perhaps the most transcendant and diverse and complex country on the entire earth, sharing a message to unite men of all races, all nations, all cultures. I'm grateful to literally sing, to a colorful field of nationalities: 'Hark all ye nations, hear Heaven's voice'. Please pray for the Salvation of this beautiful country, only the gospel will unite men of all races, nationalities, and backgrounds. Pray that the Lord's arms of mercy will be revealed and extended to this land. Only the gospel will save the world from the calamity of it's self-destruction. Only the gospel will stabilize this wild country, only the gospel will reach deep enough to speak peace to It's tragic background.

"Wherefore, all mankind were in a lost and in a fallen state, and ever would be save they should rely on this Redeemer" (1Nephi 10:6)


Angels of glory
shout the refrain:
Truth is Restored again

well sorry im short for words this week. I love you all. always feel free to write me, miss you guys tons. also sorry for no pictures, you guys in America live in luxury with computers that function properly. Count your blessings Majitos.

Elder Tanner Noah Clegg

also S/O to my boy Elder Leo Fuchs who is currently laboring with the Lord about 150 kilometers to the east of me in Swaziland. Keep that lil Brazilian in your prayers.



PS.  Mom's NOTE:
He got to go on exchanges in Daveyton where he spent the first 7 months of his mission.  So I heard from a couple of FB friends who "spotted" him, these are what they said:


  • Hi sister Clegg...thought I'd share these with you....I saw elder Clegg today...he was in Daveyton...it was really nice seeing him again


Keitumetse Tumi Zwane
Always a pleasure...he's such a good kid...approaching people at the mall...preaching the Gospel...I can bet he was born to do this...he do it with such ease...you have a wonderful boy!
And he's funny too
The last was:

Maria Gaitsi Madumane
Greetings Mrs Clegg. My name is Maria Madumane from South Africa. We were fortunate as a family to meet your son Tanner. What a great your man, a soldier. I won't forget the 1st we meet him so young ,fragile,shy guy. We were one of the first families he taught. And we were the 1st family to serve him pap (porridge). We made wonderful memories with him. He was moved to other areas and he visited us last night oh I must say he has grown even his testimony and he's love for the gospel and bringing souls closer to God. We are so proud of him he is a blessing to us and the world. U r truly blessed. My family sends their love to you and your family


No comments:

Post a Comment