Monday, July 13, 2015

#54 "Follow the spirit baba..."

Family all serving at the same time: 
Grandma & Grandpa Central Eurasia
Scottie Brown Argentina, Rosario
Parker Pearson (on computer), New Jersey, Morristown
Me (in frame), South Africa, Johannesburg
You know it's a rough week when in sacrament meeting when the guy conducting the meeting says, "now, we'll have our opening talk by Elder Clegg." and you walk up and ask him "what do you want me to talk about?" and he's like: "Follow the spirit baba."

It really was a pretty good week though. Elder Whitesides and I are doing work and seeing one or two stellar dividends(is that the right word?).

First off, when contacting a petrol(gas) station the other day, I walked up to this Afrikaans dude who looks like he's off the cover of a Patagonia climbing magazine. He literally looked like he could surf circles around me.

Anyways I showed him a copy of the Book of Mormon and he was like, "bru I used to do the mormon thing back in England." So he went on to tell me that he was baptized while he was in England but then fell away when he came to SA. It was super sweet, and now we are teaching the guy.

Our father-led family has been to church 3 weeks in a row. Which is tight. Especially in a cluster with like 4 or 5 members that come on Sundays. They are gonna be anchors for the entire area.

Anyways, I've hit one year now on mission. Last Friday marked my arrival in Johannesburg, to a foreign world I'd learn to love and call home for the next two years. I've reflected back on the last year, and it's amazing to see how much I've taken in, and how much change I've seen.  I've been privledged enough to see the Savior change lives. Mine being one of them.

I feel like I've been in this transcendant country for forever, and I still have forever to go. But I'm grateful to still be here. I'm grateful to build the Kingdom right here in Johannesburg.

I can't wait to see what's in store in this upcoming year. I can't shake the feeling that it will be perhaps the greatest year of my entire life. Looking forward to seeing new life dawning in the souls of my African brothers and sisters. So grateful to be doing this work. Grateful that I can participate despite all my imperfections. It's been a great year, I've grown and stretched and changed in ways I thought not possible. And I'm not done yet. "For we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the Kingdom of God."

I love you guys. Please feel free to write me emails. Like no one writes me but my grandma and grandpa and mom. but it's kool.

Elder Tanner Noah Clegg

No comments:

Post a Comment