Tuesday, June 23, 2015

#51 Habutzi Tzaneeny



Well I'm saying goodbye to Tzaneen, I'm getting transfered to somewhere in good old Gauteng.
Sorry i'm in some rubbish email shop in the East Rand and there are viruses all over this computer.

Just felt the spirit strong the other day on an exchange w/ a guy from Ghana named Elder Kusi-Poku when we were driving in a bokkie to the mountains of Motupa. It was just surreal to think that the gospel has come this far since the 'pillar of light' in 1820. Crazy to think that my companion was from Africa. I couldn't even believe it.
I have a testimony, and although the Book of Mormon was torn apart and tested from every angle in my past 4 and a half months, I've seen the ugly face of anti-Mormon literature at every angle, seen communities as a whole treat us as satanists, and literally have been laughed to scorn for believing in something as 'ridiculous as Mormonism'. Talk about being known for 'good and evil among all nations, kindreds, tongues and people'.
But i look back on Tzaneen with the fondest of memories, trying to establish a dwindling church. Raising my voice to testify against the most hardened of hearts. Seeing an individual's life change, and my life change with it. That's the hard thing about Tzaneen, if someone becomes a member of the church, they're hated for it; Which is why I have a testimony of this gospel- never have I seen such opposition about a message that does nothing more than 'convince jew and gentile that JESUS IS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF GOD- MANIFESTING HIMSELF UNTO ALL NATIONS.
A derranged village dog tried to bite me the other day in Motupa. I threw a Book of Mormon at it, and it stopped. I have a testimony.
anyways 0 time. horrible computer. Living the best life known to man.

Elder Clegg
telling our father's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment