Monday, June 8, 2015

#49 Miracle in Mzanzi



Everybody

Straight magical week. Well, honestly it was a really tough week. Just really grateful to be up here in probably the most beautiful place on earth.

It happened this Sunday. Somehow God put us in the right places at the right time and the newest member of the Lord's Church in Limpopo was baptized on Sunday. Such a surreal experience, I couldn't even believe it happened. Zebulon, an extremely educated tsipedi South African living in a Mokgoloboto mansion entered the gates of the Celestial Kingdom. All the blood, sweat and tears payed off yesterday. Still surreal that it happened. We now have 4 men attending priesthood rather than 3. Literally the most powerful experience ever.

As he was dressed in white, I looked at him and said 'hey, you look really good in white, on June 7, 2016, will I see you dressed in white at the temple?' He said definitely. I'm telling you, this guy is like future general authority material. It's kind of tough without a temple nearby to go regularly, but he's someone who you know will make it there.


The "font" is outside. The water was cold. It's winter in limpopo, so it's pretty cold in the mornings. (I'm just a baby now because I'm used to crazy hot) But you still felt warm with the spirit of the Lord. I know he will be a pillar for this little branch in South Africa.

Anyways, I'm short for words. Tzaneen is hard. Afrikaners are hard. We're even teaching scottish people (whom I've heard are rough) because even they are more interested to let us in their doors than these boerkkies. It's working out though. Suprisingly we're teaching several mulungus here in town somehow.  

Just keep us in your prayers, me and Elder May.  Pray that we can find and teach a family who will be sealed together in the temple. I know it'll happen.

salihabutzi

Elder Tanner Noah Clegg


telling the Father's Story 
Pictures from Zone Conference this week with President Dunn, Elder May & Clegg

Cold contacting & Singing.  Pictures from  Dunn's Blog

2 comments:

  1. Tanner is living up to Nephi's quote "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them. " and because he is he is finding the truth of this promise from the Lord..."And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me! "

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elder Pier. Your continued support is appreciated. He's been praying for this miracle since he arrived in Tzaneen. As a parent I'm so thankful he was a part of this process.

    ReplyDelete