Monday, April 13, 2015

#41 Huya Morrrrrr


Good morning from Africa. Lotta monkeys at our chapel currently by where I am emailing.

A mission is something else.. I don't even know where to begin.

Sometimes I forget I'm in Africa, like the other day some dudes nailed a hippo on the road in Letsitele (a nearby town) and so the people in the bush ran out w/ knives and started cutting it up to get some meat and then a bakkie (truck) drove past and nailed all 11 people.

Also people here talk to bones to tell their future, there's a bunch of freaky stuff going down in the villages.

There's a new Elder in our district named Elder Paul from Malawi, I was asking him about his life back at home and he told me how they would put poison into minnie meal and put it on the ground so the birds would eat it and then die. They would then take out the birds intestines and put alot of salt on the bird so they wouldn't get poisoned. Wild stuff. Ate a pig head just the other day. Also there's alot of mopanni worms I'm probably gonna eat this week.

Anyways like 0 time as always, but yesterday we were teaching a guy named Daniel who legit lives at the top of the mountain in the village. Was just teaching this guy, he's 6 foot 4, extremely poor and not very good in English- but you can tell he can feel the spirit and is truly putting forth his best effort to come unto Christ. 

While we were teaching him outside a little brick shack, overlooking the valley of grass-top houses and African trees and rocky fingers, just looking at his skinny, slender face- I caught a glimpse, just in my minds-eye I could see this man's Spirit, or maybe it was his future perfected-soul, celestialized in God's kingdom. It was a different experience, for just a glimpse I saw a tall, handsome man, with a clean smile and shaven face just staring at me, in a glorious, perfected form. Just caught a glimpse, maybe just a tiny bit- Helped me to know that no matter what our life is like right now, eventually things will get better, and because of Christ we have a plan of hapiness, designed to make us happy.  No matter how imperfect we are, things will be alright in the end. His grace is sufficient for all sinners, we just gotta have faith in that.

"My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong"

I have a testimony that the gospel has been restored by Jesus Christ through Joseph Smith. I have a testimony that God lives, and that things will work out in the end.

Had 4 solid investigators at church which is pretty good for Tzaneen. Stuff will happen. We are just imperfect instruments here on earth, but in the hands of the Master, we can do miracles.

Love you guys, which I could express it better but I really can't. Miss you, and seriously pray for you.

Elder Tanner Clegg



1 comment:

  1. Hi Tanner,
    Your friends at MasterControl are enjoying your photos and blog posts. Your Dad is very proud of you! Kudos, lots of luck, and God bless you!
    All the best,
    Cindy Fazzi

    ReplyDelete