Monday, November 10, 2014

#19 Elder Cook and Elder Andersen Come to the Cluster Meeting





Sorry, I've got kantlane time today, but

Whoaa.  Sacrament meeting yesterday.   In our tiny garage we were overflowing, all the way outside....people stacked on top of people.  We were blessed enough to have Elder Carl B. Cook, the area 70 president of Africa, in attendance as well as Elder Wilford Andersen of the 2nd quorum of the 70, from back in SLC.  Talk about a small room packed with the Spirit. There's something about a General Authority's testimony, when they say that "God Lives", you just feel it inside you that what they are saying is real.  It was amazing truly, two general authorities in a tiny garage in Daveyton, with music and the outside world blaring all around, but the spirit still eminent.  

Elder Andersen said something that stuck in my brain, "The Spirit is the same everywhere.  I've travelled the whole world and have yet to find a place without the same, sweet Spirit.  It's everywhere.  No matter where you go."  Powerful.  I'd have to agree with him there, the Spirit over here is just as real as it is over there.  Seriously, probably the best sacrament meeting I've ever been to.  And it was great cuz there were like 50 people there.  We're gonna open up another cluster in like 2 weeks in another part of our area called Mayfield, so by next month our area will have 2 clusters, a ward, and a branch in it so it may be a little hectic to keep tabs on everything, but fun and legit and awesome nonetheless.  

Found a cool lil scripture that applied perfectly for the occasion.

D&C 6:32-34:
 32 Verily, verily, I say unto you, as I said unto my disciples, where two or three are gathered together in my name, astouching one thing, behold, there will I be in the midst of them—even so am I in the midst of you.
 33 Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
 34 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
Although there's corruption, drugs, violence, immorality, gunshots everywhere, on every corner over here, we can find hope, safety, and refuge amidst growing worldly rubbish by living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  "Fear not little flock", the little flock of East Daveyton, South Africa is gonna boom.  Although Babylon is surrounding, darkness and evil is truly gathering (you should see the weekend nights over here eish) we will be fine because the Lord is on our side.  Although the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is small in number in comparison to the rest of the world, we need not fear.  Seriously, too greatful for this experience of being over here.  Lot's of things go bad or are hard or scary, but seeing the good makes it worth the grief.  Wild to think I've been over 4 months out here.  Jealous of you guys cuz ski season is like 15 days away and I'm dying if I'm honest.  But it's so worth it to aid the Savior in helping someone's heart change and point towards him.  

"I wonder when he comes again, Will herald angels sing?
Will earth be white with drifted snow, or will the world know spring?
I wonder if one star will shine far brighter than the rest...
will daylight stay the whole night through?  will songbirds leave their nest?
Then when that blessed day is here, He'll love me and He'll say,
"You've served me well my little child, Come into my arms to stay."

Alma 29:9



mPhetzu Clegg
Area:  Daveyton
Companion:  Geoffrey Wilkinson
Exercise mornings...doing a flip

It's greening up here in Africa


Walking the streets with Elder Wilkinson
Transfer day with Kewuti, Smith, & me

No comments:

Post a Comment